The library is attached to the museum. Its purpose is to satisfy the internal needs of the institution by providing the documentation necessary for the preparation of exhibitions, for the drafting of publications, and for the scientific work linked to the museum's collections.
The library is currently closed to the public.
• monographs and periodicals.
• reference works, artist biographies, documents on the history of art.
• books giving information on the museums of the world, documents on
biennials, festivals, competitions, private collections and museology.
- Catalogue du Réseau des bibliothèques de Suisse occidentale
(RERO: Genève, Vaud, Valais, Fribourg, Neuchâtel)
- SIKART Swiss art dictionnary
- Art Discovery Group Catalogue, research gateway to art literature: an access the ressources of many art libraries in Europe and worldwide