School visits are our priority
MCBA is delighted to offer children, students, and teachers free entry to the museum. Sparking curiosity, sharing emotions and knowledge, and learning about original works is what we are all about.
We offer interactive visits, peer-led tours, made-to-measure teaching projects, guidance for planning visits, and exchanges of ideas and viewpoints to help schools make the most of their visit.
Guided tours for teachers
Teachers can book free guided tours of every MCBA exhibition, with information on the works, plans for classroom projects, teaching material, and guidance on planning class visits.
Advance booking required: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open access tours for classes
Guided tours for classes
Peer-led tours, with children showing other children around the exhibition, allow youngsters to explore and experience the artworks on their own terms.
Contact the museum’s education team for further information.
- From age 9
- Duration: 2 sessions at the museum and 1 session of classroom time
The museum all year round:
my museum album
Classes are invited to visit the museum several times for various exhibitions, building strong links with the works of art and the museum itself. Each child records their experiences in a special sketchbook.
Contact the museum’s education team for further information: email@example.com
- From age 4
- Duration: 3 x one-hour sessions at the museum
- Free of charge, advance booking required at least two weeks in advance
Activities allow students to discover some of the architectural elements of the new MCBA, with the aim of making them aware of issues related to the built environment that surrounds them.
From 12 years old
Toolkit for visitors
Available to download
- Mini-guide to the exhibition “La collection” (pdf) (in FR) for children aged 7 and up, available free of charge from the front desk
- Newsletter for teachers. To subscribe, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Worksheets – available soon
Books for children
Photos: MCBA, Nora Rupp